At the Westfield City Council meeting on July 8, 2019, a group led by Pulte Homes introduced preliminary plans for a planned unit development with the working name of "Landings at Village Farms PUD". The affected area is approximately 55 acres at the northeast corner of Oak Ridge Road and 146th Street, and the proposal includes both high-density residential as well as commercial development.
This area has never been part of The Village Farms community. The use of our neighborhood's name in the proposed PUD is not authorized in any way by our HOA.
Since our board has only recently become aware of this development proposal, and due to the aggressive timeframe with the City, we are sharing information electronically here to inform our community as quickly as possible.
The following materials are posted here from the City Council meeting agenda published for he July 8, 2019 meeting:
- Draft Ordinance 19-26 - Landings at Village Farms PUD
- Location Map
- District Map
- Concept Plan
- Residential Character Exhibit
- Amenity Exhibit
- Landings at Village Farms Presentation
Land Use Attorney Letter to nearby residents, July 16, 2019
The timeline below is what we as a board know at this time based on public records and Pulte's presentation to the board during July's HOA Board meeting:
- July 24 - Pulte Homes open information meeting with area residents (not VF specific)
- August 5 - Public Hearing, Westfield APC
- August 19 - Recommendation made by Westfield APC
- September 9 - Adoption Consideration, Westfield City Council
- Winter/Spring 2020 - Developers planning continues
- Late Spring 2020 - Land preparation begins
- Early 2021 - Construction begins. Buildout expected to take 2.5 to 3.5 years.
The developers are moving quickly with the City, so time is of the essence in providing feedback. We as a board are committed to keeping you, our neighbors, informed as this matter progresses. We will use email as the primary means of disseminating information during this time.
Look for one or more "town hall" style meetings for our residents to be scheduled in the coming weeks. These will be published on our website and communicated via email and social media.
As a citizen, you are encouraged to attend all public meetings and voice your concerns in person or via email. The entire Advisory Plan Commission may be contacted at . The City Council may be contacted at .