Please join us on April 16th at 7:00pm in the upper level of the clubhouse for the Annual Meeting of The Village Farms HOA. The purpose of the annual meeting, as outlined in the bylaws, is to:
- Review the budget for our fiscal year (May 2019-April 2020). Look for an email to residents with details.
- Determine the outcome of the board member election
- Elect the HOA officers for the year
To show your support for our community, please consider attending the Annual Meeting and the April board meeting that will immediately follow.
IMPORTANT RESIDENT OBLIGATION:
All residents should either attend the meeting or submit a proxy form to represent their interests. The use of proxies (or "stand ins") during the Annual Meeting allows us to achieve an official quorum as required in our bylaws. A proxy should be designated by anyone who cannot attend the meeting in person, but is willing to declare a proxy or "stand in" to vote in his or her place. A proxy form was included in the annual mailing. Indiana statutes pertaining to annual meeting requirements for HOAs allow for electronic methods of submitting a proxy form.
To complete the form, please designate a proxy who will attend the meeting for you. This individual must attend the Annual Meeting and can be a friend or someone you trust, a sitting Board member, or - if left blank - the president of the Board will vote for you. Place an "X" in the blank to authorize your proxy, then sign and date, adding your resident identification information. Once completed, you can do one of the following:
- Give it to the designated individual and have them bring it to the Annual Meeting for verification purposes; or
- Return by mail at least 4 days prior to the meeting by sending to our official correspondence address; or
- Scan or take a photo of the signed form and email it to ; or
- Affix your electronic signature by typing /s/ followed by your name (e.g. /s/John Doe) and email it to ; or
- Place in the clubhouse mail box.
For more specific information on the annual meeting and proxies refer to:
- IC 23-17-10-1 and -10-5
- IC 32-25.5-3-10, -25.5-4-1 and -25.5-4-2
Questions? Please contact our Property Manager, Maureen Schriner. Thank you.